Buttery Paradise Pepper Sauce Thumbprint Cookies
There are so many different way to use our pepper sauce, enjoy these buttery-delicious thumbprint cookies.
1 cup salted butter, softened
½ cup confectioner’s (powdered) sugar, plus ¼ cup more for dusting
¼ tsp table salt
2 cups all purpose flour (I prefer King Arthur)
½ cup Paradise Pepper Sauce (Original and Spicy Cranberry are delicious
but if you like it a little spicier try Sweet Habanero)
- Preheat oven to 325˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer (you may also
use a large bowl and a hand mixer) and beat until fluffy and light,
about 2 minutes. Add vanilla and salt, scraping down bowl as
needed. Switch to low and gently mix in flour, just until combined.
Don’t over mix.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. Place dough balls on
parchment lined baking sheets. Press down the center of each ball
with a spoon (or your thumb) making a slight depression.
- Fill cookie centers with a teaspoonful of pepper sauce. Bake 12-15
minutes or until golden brown and puffy, take care not to over bake.
Let cool a few minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to finish
cooling on a wire rack.
- When cookies are completely cooled, dust with confectioner’s sugar.
Cookies can be kept in an airtight container a room temp for a few
days. Makes 24 small scoop cookies